Sunday 18 September 2011

Centreparcs

I had heard of Centreparcs before but somehow I have never really cared about looking into it. I just assumed that I wouldn't like it.
How wrong I was.

Centreparcs rocks!! I absolutely loved it! It has everything you would like, and if you like to be out in the nature, doing "sporty" (but not too sporty) things, then this is the place for you!
Also - it's perfect for children. I mean, they really do cater for children families and the facilities are fantastic.

http://www.centerparcs.co.uk/

We drove down on the Monday and after a short stop we got there for about 3pm. The cabin/house in itself, (we shared the accommodation with B's mum and stepdad) was okay. It's quite dated but perfectly clean and had everything you'd need. (Part from wifi!!) Lovely little kitchen, bathroom, two toilets and big rooms. Outside there were a table and chairs overlooking a little lake with cute little ducks swimming happily around. So cute! We had a deer and a squirrel visit us a few times - you certainly don't get that in London! The trees surrounding the cabin where massive, so impressive! They seemed to go on forever! I felt like I was in the States or Canada somewhere... You know when you watch films and they are in those woods, with the massive trees? Can't for the life of me remember the name...

Anyway, we had brought our bikes and truth be told – I was a bit rusty. I have ridden my bike once in about three years. Shocking I know. But it’s not like in Sweden where you have separate bike lanes and it’s all safe. Here you feel like you’ll die as soon as you touch the tarmac! But hey, once you've learned to ride the bike right?
Centreparcs is very bike friendly with lanes and specific bike parking etc. Just amazing! There was also a land train going around the whole resort, should you be too tired of riding the bike/walking. (Though we didn't try it out, too busy speeding on our bikes!)
We had booked a table at Strada at the Plaza and so set off at about 5.30pm. Jackson had his own seat and he love riding behind dad on the bike.
It’s the first time he’s been on B’s bike and I wasn’t sure if he was going to like it or not but he LOVED it!

The next following days we spent riding our bikes around the resort and the beautiful lakes, shopping, feeding the ducks (who kept trying to get into the house!!). B and I played Badminton in Jardin de Sports (why it was French I do not know), which was this massive sports complex in the middle of the resort. Loved it though I can still feel it in my legs! And I lost. Bad times.
But there was SO much to chose from – Archery, Tennis, Golf, Horse riding, Climbing etc, etc…
On the Tuesday we went to the Spa which was just glorious. Three hours of pure relaxation – what more can you ask for really?! I really recommend booking in for a Spa day at Longleat if you're planning a holiday.
There is a Swimming Dome and this was probably my favourite. We all went on the slides and Jackson was so brave! He seemed terrified at the beginning, looking down at me standing there with my arms out, but then his little face just lit up to this amazing smile as he swooshed down the slide. I was so proud of him!
I particularly liked the Rapids – a slide that goes around the whole Dome, on the outside. How cool is that!? There were hot Jacuzzi style pools, paddling pools, mud and sand pits, slides for adults, teens and tots, food and a shop… Just brilliant!!

We where very lucky with the weather actually. Being England, I was surprised that it only rained once and then we had glorious sunshine for the rest of the week!

I’m most definitely going back to Longleat. Who’s coming with?

No comments:

Post a Comment